Tuesday, March 6, 2012

When I first saw this little girl she was carrying her baby sister on her back in a wrap.  When I got down to where I could take their picture, she had taken the baby into the house and put her to bed because she was asleep.  By the time these children are old enough to have children of their own, they know all about mothering as they have been doing it all their lives.  Notice the grass!  This is very unusual to have grass in their yards.  It's nice for them to play on.  This little one is very serious right now.  She wasn't sure about me -- big old white muzungu taking a picture of her.  She was happy when I showed her the picture afterwards.                                                                                                                                                     
Proud mama and two of her three children.
A view across the valley from Papa John's compound.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! It is fun to see the beautiful people of Kilungu Hills again. We will enjoy checking in periodically. Thanks for letting us know of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just received a link to your blog from Carolyn today. i stayed up and read the whole thing. It's beautiful to see where you are and the people who surround you. I cried when I saw the photo of the church building because I thought, "that's my church too." If I lived there, or if I was visiting there, that's where I would be on Sunday. They are my extended church family.

    I love their beautiful font and was humbled to hear that they had to postpone a baptism because they were short on water.

    The photos are WONDERFUL. You tell such a great story with your words and you images. I absolutely enjoy your blog.

    It seems that you are having a marvelous experience. Wrap your arms around those beautiful people and wave and smile at all those gorgeous kids and babies for me.

    ReplyDelete